What makes Hi Spec Doorsets different?
- Unique Fast Fit installation system
- Fully Finished doorsets
- Factory painted, paper wrapped or veneered frames
- Most hardware can be factory fitted
- Installation service
- Product and installation training offered as part of the partnership programme
- Focus on developing long-term relationships built on mutual benefits
How do we get the best out of working with Hi Spec Doorsets?
- Involve our Business Development team at an early stage in your project
- Optimise openings dimensions
- Standardise products
- Minimise cost and lead time
- Provide accurate data ideally in a spreadsheet format
- Download our data collection template here
- Provide full project details
- Specifications – L20 etc.
- Keep us supplied with revision updates
- Give us access to designers and specifiers as required
- Provide schedule information, purchase orders and sign-off documentation in good time
- Take advantage of our installation training and support
Why are Hi Spec Doorsets so quick and easy to install?
Hi Spec Doorsets have invested in the development of a unique secret fix clip system which is fire rated to 60 minutes in single and double applications and has been tested in over 10,000 installations across the UK. The complementary architrave system is based on a tongue and groove arrangement and can be fixed using general building adhesives. This means that the fixings are completely hidden behind the architrave enabling us to fix the doorstops and intumescents in the factory reducing the amount of installation effort at site.
The option to have most hardware factory fitted and doors and frames provided in a fully finished format together with the architraves which are provide cut to size and factory mitred with Hoffmann joints means that the doorsets and architraves can be installed in 20 minutes by a competent tradesman (who doesn’t have to be a joiner).
Specifying a fully finished product can totally avoid or minimise the need for a decorator and can enable the doorsets to be brought onto site as a 3rd fix item thereby minimising risk of damage by clumsy tradesmen.
Do Hi Spec Doorsets offer a complete supply and fit package?
Hi Spec Doorsets are in the process of developing a national network of factory trained installation partners to provide installation, maintenance, and inspection services to support their doorset and glazed screen ranges. More information is available on request.
What information do you need to provide a quote?
- Fire Ratings
- Acoustic Ratings
- Door finish
- Frame finish
- Either door or opening sizes
- Glazing details for Vision Panels – size, performance, glass type (clear or wired)
- Ironmongery schedule
Does Hi Spec Doorsets offer a specification service?
Hi Spec Doorsets can work closely with your design team or architect to develop a specification for specific projects to ensure optimised product selection to minimise cost whilst ensuring compliance to all relevant standards and regulations. The package can include L20 type specification documents and industry standard doorset and ironmongery schedules.
Does Hi Spec Doorsets offer Installation Training?
Depending on project size Hi Spec Doorsets can generally provide a competent trainer to go through correct product installation with your site management and installation team to ensure that they get the best results from our products. This is usually organised to coincide with the first delivery of doorsets on a specific project.